Equality & Diversity
Hartshill School is fully committed to supporting, developing and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities and aims to establish an inclusive culture free from discrimination and based upon the values of dignity, courtesy and respect. The School will support and develop its staff and students by providing access to facilities, personal and career development opportunities, employment and study on an equal basis regardless of ethnic origin, national identity, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief or socio-economic background.
1. The School acknowledges and welcomes diversity among pupils, staff and visitors.
2. We do not discriminate against anyone, be they staff or pupils, on the grounds of their gender, gender identity, race, age, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic, national origins, sexuality, or physical or mental abilities.
3. We promote the principles of fairness and justice for all through the education that we provide in our School.
4. We ensure that all pupils have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities proved by the School.
5. The School is opposed to all forms of racism and xenophobia, including those forms that are directed towards religious groups and communities.
6. We respect the religious beliefs and practices of all staff, pupils, parents and carers and comply with all reasonable requests relating to religious observance and practice. We seek ways to celebrate faith and cultural diversity.
7. We ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems are fair to all, and provide opportunities for everyone to achieve.
8. We will make reasonable adjustments, when required to, in order to: increase access to the curriculum; improve access to the School building; and improve delivery of information.