SCHOOL UNIFORM & EQUIPMENT
Why Wear Uniform?
Uniform gives students a sense of belonging to Hartshill school and creates an identity for the school in our community. It shows we have pride in our collective family. Uniform also is a social leveller, helping all to feel equal. Elegant uniform leads to a feeling of security and confidence. It removes peer pressure which can be caused by an imbalance of wealth. It is also designed to be value for money. A school uniform can improve learning by reducing distraction, sharpening focus on schoolwork and making the classroom a more serious environment, raising aspirations and allowing our students to perform better academically. This in turn will lead to Hartshill students achieving their hopes, dreams and ambitions.
It is imperative that your child wears his or her uniform impeccably on the way to school, in school, and on the way home. Each child represents us all and has a duty to the whole school to show Hartshill School in the best light, enhancing its reputation as a good school.
What Uniform to Wear:
- A tucked white shirt with a collar, able to be worn correctly with a tie (top button done up and tie worn after Half Term).
- Plain black tailored school trousers or skirt (no tight or stretchy material). After Half Term the skirt must be the Hartshill branded skirt only.
- Black school shoes. Shoes made by sports brands such as Nike or Adidas are not acceptable. It must be a formal polishable black none branded shoe, such as one you would wear to a wedding or an office.
- Tie (New Burgandy Tie from September 2021)
- Hartshill Blazer
- They can also wear a Black V Neck Plain Jumper (to be worn as well as, but not instead of a Hartshill Blazer).
Which items of clothing must not be worn to, from or on school site?
Leather or leather-look jackets or coats; hoodies; tracksuit tops; fleeces; sweatshirts; jackets; denim jackets; coats containing large wording; camouflaged, patterned coats; markings, symbols or stripes; coats with excessive, unnecessary zips; coats from sports teams; other leisurewear. Any other sweater (other than a plain black V neck jumper), sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan.
These items must not be worn with the uniform at any time including travelling to and from school.
On days when students have PE they should come to school in their Hartshill School PE kit. The Hartshill School PE Kit is part of our uniform and consists of;
Black jogging bottoms or black PE shorts
Black sports socks
Red Hartshill School branded PE polo shirt
Trainers that are suitable to be worn whilst on the school field
Optional additional PE uniform:
Black Hartshill branded sports leggings
Hartshill branded sports drill top
Alternative suppliers we recommend for non-branded elements, i.e. shorts and joggers;
Help & Support:
Where to order from:
Match Fit Kit Limited
Telephone: 024 7635 0630
Nuneaton Schoolwear Centre
The Schoolwear Centre
Tel: 02476 341682
Liss Sport (PE Kit Only)
- A pencil case (essential for all pupils)
- 2 black/blue pens (essential for all pupils)
- 1 green pen (essential for all pupils)
- 1 30cm ruler (fold up or bendy is fine) (essential for all pupils)
- 2 pencils (essential for all pupils)
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 rubber (essential for all pupils)
- 1 pack highlighter pens
- 1 scientific calculator (a Casio Class Wiz FX-83GT/85GT Calculator or more advanced model which can be purchased from WH Smith; Tesco; Sainsbury’s; Ryman; Argos and other stationary retailers) (essential for all Year 9-11 pupils)
- A water bottle
- Appropriate Bag which can carry and A4 size folder.
If you would like support with purchasing PE kit or school uniform, we are able to help. Please contact your child’s Head of Year on the appropriate email address below (please put ‘Uniform Request’ in the title bar)
Year 7 – Ross.Innes@MidlandAT.co.uk
Year 8 – Clare.Robinson@MidlandAT.co.uk
Year 9 – Millie.Merrigan@MidlandAT.co.uk
Year 10 – Susan.Gittings@MidlandAT.co.uk
Year 11 – Joshua.Whetton@MidlandAT.co.uk
The waiting time for PE uniform is currently 4 weeks. Please ensure that in the interim while pupils are waiting for orders if they are cold on a PE day they should wear their school jumper/blazer over their polo shirts NOT their own hoodies or any other top which is part of the ‘not to be worn list’. Thank you