Family Lunch - Years 7, 8 and 9
At Family Lunch all pupils in the year group sit to eat their lunch together each day in the Main Hall. Pupils can purchase school dinners or bring a packed lunch. After Family Lunch the pupils have time to play outside. Family Lunch allows pupils to eat together and get to know each other, creating positive relationships between the pupils.
At Hartshill Academy it is important that all pupils and staff feel part of our community. Belonging to a HART group and showing the HART values are important to our culture and are evident at all times of the day, including lunchtime.
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals the money will be added to their account to purchase their family lunch each day.
Family Lunch is provided as a Meal Deal for £2.50. We also offer a cold batch option for those that do not wish to have the hot meal.
If you have any questions please email freeschoolmealsHHA@midlandat.co.uk
View our Family Lunch Menu HERE
Lunch – Years 10 and 11
Years 10 and 11 have lunch in the canteen. They can choose from a daily hot meal option, with a selection of sandwiches available. Jacket potatoes will also be available daily.
Free School Meals
Families who have children at Hartshill Academy may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive one of qualifying benefits listed below:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal credit (with an annual income of less than £7,400)
- Both income-cased and contribution-based JSA/ESA if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both but the Income-based amount is greater, but not if the contribution-based amount is greater
- Families who are awarded Child Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also eligible to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week ‘run-on’).
For further details and to make your application please visit the Warwickshire County Council website.